Monday, February 1, 2016

The Falling Leaves Festival

In September I had the amazing opportunity to be a vendor for the Falling Leaves Festival at Watson Homestead in Painted Post, NY.  Guys, this place is literally minutes away from where I grew up.  That meant I got to stay with my parents!!  The Festival was an interactive Native American Pow Wow and it was amazing.  There was music, dancing, and storytelling.  The turnout was really wonderful, and everyone was in good spirits for the whole weekend.  My spot was right next to the main gathering area, so I was able to spend the two days super close to all of the action.  

Miss R enjoyed the festivities for a little while each day, but then went to Grammy & Bunka's house to have some family time.  (We're really lucky to have wonderful family & friends.  Support systems man, they make all the difference in the world!  Thank you to all of you, you know who you are!)

These are the only photos I got the entire time we were there because I didn't bring my camera!!  I will NOT make that mistake this year.  I want good pictures of all the performers this time.

While I didn't get many photos, there WAS a drone with a camera flying around and it's owners put together this video.  If you watch, you'll see my husband and I in our booth around the 1:37 mark.  (We're the white tent with the rag rugs on the ground. There is a blue tent right next to us.)  You'll also hear some beautiful flute music and see some of the dancing.

I'm already looking forward to the festival this year.  I can't remember the dates off the top of my head, but it's at the end of September.  You'll hear more about it as we get closer.  Maybe we'll see you all there!!!




Post a Comment