Sunday, June 1, 2014

Told ya, I love Chroma yarn!! Creepy Skulls Slouchy Hat!

Right around her birthday in February, my littlest sister sent me a picture of this hat that she thought was cool.  Well, it turned out that the woman who wrote the pattern for it is in one of the crochet groups I'm part of on Facebook, so I'd seen the hat a few times already.  I couldn't make one for her right then because I was pretty swamped with orders at the time, but things have calmed down a bit now.  I even had the perfect yarn for the project!  Chroma really has THE best color changes outside of hand-dyed yarn.  This colorway is Rollerskate or Lollipop, I can't remember.  Anyway, last week, I finally made her a Creepy Skulls Slouchy Hat!!!  



My husband was at work when I finished it up, and I didn't want to wait for him to get pictures.  So I pulled out my trusty cellphone and took a few pictures myself.  Isn't it awesome?  The yarn is Chroma in worsted weight.  I LOVE the way the color changes look.


When I was crocheting it, I was a bit worried that it would be too big for my sister, but it's perfect!!!  She's in love with it already, even though she hasn't gotten her hands on it yet.  Soon Shellie, soon!!  I love it so much that I might make one for myself.  Although, I'll probably never wear it.  I have a very nice hat collection, but I never wear them.  It drives my husband crazy.  What about you guys?  Do you wear hats?  

Linking up at the Sew Darn Crafty Linky Party, Swing Into Spring, Catch As Catch Can
Post a Comment