Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Bench Seat: A Before and After Story

Before I tell you about the project and show you the lovely pictures, I have to admit something.  I am slightly (only slightly) embarrassed to admit that I bought this bench seat waaaay back in the spring of 2011.  Yep, 3 years ago.  I paid $5 for it at a thrift store and I was REALLY excited to get started on it.  Well, I didn't.  It sat, and sat, and sat.



It had obviously already SAT for a long time, so what's a few more years, right?  One weekend while I was pregnant for Miss R, my parents came to visit.  My Mom and I got started on cleaning it up.



There were A LOT of staples holding the fabric on.  Once we got the first layer off, we found out why.  There was another layer of fabric underneath!



At this point, we had to move outside.  The dust was crazy!!!  The seat was stuffed with straw!  



UGH!  We were very glad that we took it outside!!!  



See?  I was VERY happy.  After this we did some sanding.  A couple weeks later, I painted it.  I found the perfect fabric and bought the foam for the seat.  Then, well, it sat for another two years.  It's not my fault!  I had a baby!  (Okay, it IS my fault, but shhhh)



Finally, on Mother's Day weekend this year, I finished the bench.  FINALLY!!!




I had a little bit of trouble with the foam, you can see it in the front, but hey, it's my first time!!  I learned some things for the next time.  What do you guys think??



Well?  Did I do alright?  I mean, jeesh, it only took me three years!!  I'm so excited that it's finished, and I'm really proud of the way it came out!!!!

Shared on Frugal Friday, Catch as Catch Can 165--My Repurposed Life, Creative Collection Link Party, Link Party Palooza, Sew Darn Crafty Linky Party, Swing Into Spring, Whatever Goes Wednesday, Beyond The Picket Fence
Post a Comment