Sunday, January 6, 2013

Flower Makeover--Now With Glitter!!

My family is incredible and after my munchkin was born, they threw me a beautiful baby shower.  (We had it after she was born so that everyone coming in from out of town could meet her.)  Here's a picture of Miss Munch and me at the shower.  
She was very hungry and tired at this point, but can't you just tell how stinking adorable she is???  The flowers behind me were only part of the decorations, but I'm going to do a whole post on the other part soon (hint: they are fairy gardens).  After the shower, my Mom let me take as many of the flowers as I wanted (and also gardens, fabric, tulle, anything I could carry) to use in the baby's room.  

Once I got around to feeling up to crafting, I embellished the flowers a bit using Plaid FolkArt Extreme Glitter Paint.  It was waaaaay too much fun.  I think I painted 8 or 9 of them.  It took awhile, what with having a newborn and all, but I finally finished and hung them in her room.
Here's a close-up of one flower.  It's hard to really get a good shot of the sparkle!
And here's the whole cluster of flowers.  I ended up hanging them using tiny brads because the 3M strips wouldn't work on the fuzzy backs.  Now, just for fun, here's another picture of my munchkin and me.
This one is from the day after she was born.  She is such an angel.





Post a Comment