Sunday, August 5, 2012

Ombre Dresser #2!!

Okay, in my last post I showed you the second dresser for the baby's room?  Here it is again if you've forgotten.....
This dresser came from my grandma's house.  She recently moved and is sharing time between my parents' house and my aunt's house.  The dresser is mostly made from cedar and she's had it, well, longer than I've been alive.  We couldn't let that go to waste!!  
The top was especially icky, but with lots of sanding it cleaned up very nicely.  Unfortunately I did not take a picture of that step.  The hardware was also pretty bad, so the hubs and I soaked it in a vinegar/baking soda mixture.  Then we scrubbed them down with a wire brush.  They are actually a VERY nice bronze color underneath all that grime!!  


For color choices I decided to go with greens.  I used 4 colors:  Valspar Apple Slice for the dresser itself, Spring Lawn for the top drawer, Afternoon Delight for the middle drawer, and Awakening for the bottom drawer.  Again I was worried that the colors would be too much for the room, but I think it turned out great!
 We decided to keep the hardware the way it was instead of spray painting it silver.  It gives it more of an earthy tone, I think.  
 It reminds me of grass in the springtime, and it looks great with the bedding my Mom bought us!
There they are!!  Both dressers, all finished BEFORE the baby gets here.  Hopefully I never try to refinish furniture while being HUGELY pregnant again, but hey, who knows, right?  
Post a Comment