Friday, July 6, 2012

A Room For Baby

Woah, it's been a loooong time since I've posted anything!!  This summer has been crazy busy so far.  In addition to being pregnant, we've had something going on nearly every weekend that has taken us out of town.  That's been making it kind of tough to get the baby's room situated, but I'm starting to finish up a lot of the projects that I've been working on.  This post I'll just talk about painting her room.  


My husband HATES painting.  He hates it with a fiery passion that I normally reserve for lame pop stars like Britney Spears and the like.  That said, he did manage to help me prime the room.
 See the pretty paint samples on the wall?  Oooh!  I bought seven samples and knew with the first one that I'd found my color.
 I made the executive decision NOT to paint the closet because it was just too much for me.
This wall will be a lighter color and you will see why soon!!

Then I got started with the REAL painting.  I did the first coat with a little help from the hubs and then our awesome friend Jillian came down to help with the rest.  The pictures don't really do it justice.
 We did a really good job NOT getting paint everywhere!!
 You can almost tell the actual colors here!


A shot with the paint against the wooden beams.  When the sun shines into the windows it almost looks like everything's underwater.  It's very pretty!!!


We are, in fact, having a girl, but I am not a super girly person.  In other words, I don't go in for pink and princess stuff.  This room is really more for me, at least until she gets a little older, so I decided to do what I like.  The room is going to have a Woodland Whimsy kind of feel to it.  Wait until you see what we did next!  





Post a Comment