Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Oh Headbands, How I've Missed You

Sunday afternoon I was supposed to do a craft fair, but it got cancelled.  Bummer right?  Well, I took the extra time to make some really cute headbands.  The headbands themselves are re-purposed t-shirt sleeves.  Then I cut out, and embellished, some felt shapes.  
This is the first one I did.  Originally I wasn't going to put stuffing inside the heart, but once I got into the project I changed my mind.  
Man am I glad that I have a pretty decent button stash!!!    These are all newer buttons, but I love mixing the vintage with the new.
This is the second one I cranked out.  (I say cranked out as if it only took me a few minutes.  HA)  I decided to try some veins on the leaves and I'm very glad I did.  They are so cute!
My favorite thing about this, besides the leaves and that turquoise is in my favorite color group, is that I finally got to use my turquoise and orange buttons!!
This one I think I would like better if I'd had a more yellow piece of felt for the wing.  Don't get me wrong, I still really love it, but the wing is just a tad bit more orange than I would have liked.
You can see it a little better in this picture.  Note to self: invest in more colors of felt.
This is the last one I finished this weekend/Monday morning.  I'm not typically a big red, white, and blue kind of person, but I really love how this one turned out.  
I'm going to do another one with a red star and blue headband.  Who knows, maybe I'll make a bunch of them in different red, white, and blue combinations.  I'm working on another flower headband, so the answer to that query is: most likely I will.  

What do you think?  Cute??  


















Post a Comment