Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Feathery Yarn Wreath--Take 2

Back in September, I decided to try my hand at making a yarn wreath.  It went SO well that I gave the wreath to my Mom for her birthday...without taking a picture of it first.  Oops.  It was gorgeous and I'm still mad that I forgot to take a picture.  Mom loves it, and she has it hanging in her cubicle at work now.  I had so much fun making the wreath that I started another one right away.  Then I promptly forgot about it, adding it to the pile of unfinished projects.  


Last week, as my morning sickness was on vacation, I finished a couple of projects from that pile.  The yarn wreath was one of them.




It felt amazing to finish things that have been hanging around my craft room (and brain) for months.  I really like the way this one turned out, but the one I made for Mom really is better.  Hmmm, maybe I should get her to take a picture of it for me.  


You know, the idea of a "pile" of unfinished projects is actually very misleading.  I have an entire room full of stuff that is awaiting my attention.  This weekend we had some family visiting and a munchkin photographer managed to capture some photographic evidence...


Scraps waiting to be made into flowers. Frames waiting to be made into something!
T-shirts waiting to be cut into t-shirt yarn, headbands, and scraps for flowers
Spray paint waiting to be, well, sprayed.  More t-shirts and scraps.
And one of my favorite unfinished projects of all....the hubs!  He's a very proud and excited Daddy-to-be.



Seriously though, this is what I'm working on right now, or I will be as soon as I finish this post!


Hopefully it's going to work out.  It's another t-shirt rug, but this one will be a series of connected circles of various colors.  Tonight I'll be working on the blue circle.  It's a different pattern than the one I used when I crocheted the rugs for my nieces at Christmas.  I'm not sure whether I like it yet or not.  The finishing off is bothering me.  I don't like the bump it leaves, but I can't seem to figure out how to make it disappear.  Anyone have any tips??





Post a Comment