Monday, February 20, 2012

Cool New Rugs!!

A couple of weeks ago I decided to try out a new rug pattern for my t-shirt rugs.  I made a bunch of small rugs that turned out great.  Last week I decided to try my hand at a bigger rug.  I chose the colors I had the most of in my stash: pink, dark blue, white, and black.  I ended up running out of black, so I "yarned" a few more shirts.  
This rug is about 32 inches.  This pattern is great because I had no issues with curling or wrinkling.  It increases very nicely.
Another thing that really helps is that I worked it on a flat surface and my stiches have gotten more consistent.
This one took me about 3 hours to do and that includes cutting the extra shirts into yarn.  I actually finished it on Saturday after my parents and niece left.  (They came down to bring us a new dryer!!!!)  When I was done with it I decided to start a new one.  This one I did in all blues and turquoises.  
This one needs to be stretched out a little or something because it's looking kind of pointed on the outside round where the increases are.  
These are some of my favorite colors.  I wish I'd had a bigger stash of yarn!!!
This one took me about 2 hours or so, but it's a bit smaller than the other one.  I think it's 26 or 27 inches if I remember right.  Stitching these two rugs severely depleted my stash of t-shirt yarn.  No problem though, it just gives me an excuse to go to the Salvation Army and do some shopping!!!























Post a Comment