Friday, January 27, 2012

It's a Pretty Big Deal...

that I am finally blogging again!!!  I've been feeling horrible, and haven't been crafting since just before Christmas, because....I'm pregnant!!!!  Today I am 13 weeks and am finally starting to feel good on a consistent basis.  Hopefully that means you'll be seeing more of me.  Want to hear the story of how we found out?  It's actually kind of funny, but long.


Two days before Thanksgiving I was supposed to start my period.  I've ALWAYS been very on-time for that event, which is crazy since I'm late for everything else.  I felt horrible that week, so I figured that I must have recorded the my start date wrong for last month's cycle.  The night before Thanksgiving, I was at work, and I kept thinking "Okay, if it doesn't start tonight I'll buy a test in the morning."  Well, morning came and I'd talked myself out of it.  Then, the hubs was late meeting me to head to my parents' house.  I was annoyed and had to use the bathroom, so I headed over to the grocery store.  I went to the bathroom and walked around for awhile.  The entire time I was arguing with myself about whether to buy a test or not.  (I've made that mistake before.  You know, I was a little late and bought a test out of excitement only to have my period start an hour later.)  Finally, I couldn't take it anymore and bought the test.  Then I spent 10 minutes in the bathroom trying to decide whether to take it right then or to wait.  I ended up taking it and got this result...




I almost passed out right there in the grocery store bathroom!!!  My husband and I have been trying to get pregnant for almost 8 years with no luck.  None.  Then this!!  Well, needless to say, I forgot all about being annoyed with him for being late!!  When he showed up I showed him the test and he was speechless.  He was shaking, he was so excited!  The hour and a half drive to my parents' house was a killer.  We couldn't WAIT to show someone!!!  As soon as we got there I took another test, you know, just because.  That one looked like this....




Just a little bit darker!!  Then, I showed my Mom and said "So, um, what would you think if you saw these?  Do you think they would be positives?"  Her response?  "Well, it seems like it.  Are they yours?"  HA HA HA.  She thought maybe they belonged to one of my girls at work or something.  When I told her they were mine she was in shock.  Then the hugging began.  This was THE best Thanksgiving EVER.  We told both of my parents and all of my siblings, and then the hubs told his family when he called them out West later that day.  There was NO keeping it a secret.  It would have been impossible for us.


Not too long after that, the morning sickness set in and my desire to do ANYTHING went away!  Now though, I'm feeling pretty good and have started crafting again!  I even have a post coming up on a wreath I just finished.  Thanks to everyone for sticking around.  I can't WAIT to get started on the nursery.  There are tons of projects floating around in my head for that one!!!






Post a Comment