Saturday, December 3, 2011

Rag Rug Tutorial---Sort Of

A couple of people have requested a tutorial on how I made the rag rugs I've posted in the last couple of weeks. To be honest, I used tutorials I found on other blogs and a pattern I bought from CraftSanity magazine.  So I would feel bad if I redid all their work and called it my own.  Instead, what I'm going to do is provide all the links I used to get my info.  


The T-Shirt Yarn tutorial I used came from Let Birds Fly.  My strips are 2" wide for this project because it makes the rugs thicker.


I started off using an excellent tutorial on crocheting round rag rugs from The Sunroom.  This pattern uses single crochets and I used it to make the rag rug no one has seen.  You know, the starting rug that doesn't look that great and I have every intention of fixing, eventually.


Then I found this pattern using double crochets.  It was published in issue 4 of CraftSanity magazine and you can get the entire magazine, as a PDF, for $5.  It's definitely worth it because, turns out, there's lots of good stuff in there!!  I really like the way this pattern works up.  It's pretty and it's fast.  


I think that's it!  Oh, the hook I use is a size Q, 16mm.  Hope that helps!!
Post a Comment