Sunday, November 20, 2011

T-Shirts Transformed

A month or so ago I saw these awesome tutorials on Pinterest about making your own t-shirt yarn.  I knew I had to try it.  So, I bought some t-shirts at the Salvation Army on "Family Day"...
And got to work.  It doesn't take long to do, especially once you get the hang of it.  I got a bunch of yarn from this batch of shirts.
I used a couple of different tutorials because I was confused about one of the steps, but the best one is from Let Birds Fly.  With all this yarn I was psyched to get started on some projects, so I started a rag rug.  A rag rug that I will not show you here because I messed up the last couple of rows.  It ended up getting all wavy and the method I was using to fix it was, shall we say, jacked.  I'm planning on ripping the last few rows out to fix it, but I'm too busy right now working on Christmas presents!!  Speaking of Christmas presents, I made this rug for my oldest niece.  (SHHHH, no one tell her!!!!)
For the last couple of years her favorite colors have alternated between orange, yellow, and red, so I used all three.  I think I like it.  It's MUCH nicer in person.
I wish the rows were only one color, but it's tough to get enough yarn with t-shirts to do that.  Time to start looking for some sheets!!!  What do you think??  Do you think she'll like it?  I hope so!


Oh, one more thing...I got some new socks this weekend...They're wicked bright....
They seem to almost glow, and there are five more pair where this one came from.  





Post a Comment