Tuesday, November 15, 2011

HollaBirthaWeen 2011!!

HollaBirthaWeen was awesome again this year.  This year had some of THE best costumes, and we had a ton of fun.


For those of you who don't know, HollaBirthaWeen is a Birthday/Halloween mash-up started by my friend Fuss and me a few years ago.  Our birthdays are 5 days apart, and since they're only a few days before Halloween, we invented HollaBirthaWeen.  Here's a picture of Fuss this year.  She's dressed as a "Nana" because she turned 30 this year.  What an old broad.  (Side note: please don't judge our icky kitchen floor.  It's super old and one of the major projects on our to-do list for "hopefully" this coming year)

She had cookies in her bag and kept asking people if they wanted one.  Here's another pic of her with our fancy birthday cake.
Yeah, our friend Vic, the crazy cat lady made that for us.  I almost couldn't eat any of it because it was TOO convincing.
That stuffed cat moves and cries like a real cat.  CREEPY!!!  We had some great costumes this year, did I mention that already?  
That's my husband with the "beard" shirt on.  If you don't watch the digital shorts from SNL, you won't understand his costume.  He played the song and danced for his entrance.  
That's my little brother as Johnny The Homicidal Maniac and my brother-in-law as Sheriff Rick Grimes from Walking Dead.
My brother's girlfriend as Nail Bunny, Johnny The Homicidal Maniac's pet.  Those ears are awesome.
Sexy Sax Man!!!!  He can play that sax too.  He serenaded us with "Careless Whisper" all night long.  
My sister Kira in her Steampunk costume (she and our Mom MADE that hat!), my sister Shellie as BatGirl In Sensible Shoes, and me, as the 11th Doctor from Doctor Who.  I couldn't find a bowtie and didn't have time to make one, so I used a ribbon.  You get the idea though.  Soon after this things started to get crazy....


Our friend Laura makes THE most beautiful pig I've ever seen!!!


We had SO much fun, and then, the next day....THIS happened....
The hubs and his cousin Scott hanging out in the snow getting jazzed for winter camping.  It was super heavy snow and it knocked our power out.  Luckily, it was only out for about 8 hours.  We sat and talked with Scott and his beautiful wife.  It was actually very peaceful.


I wonder what will happen next year?!?























Post a Comment