Monday, November 28, 2011

Another Rug!

Last week I finished the T-Shirt Rag Rug for my younger niece, and I have to say, I love the way this one turned out!!  Her favorite color is purple, so I tried to use more purple than pink.  
The yarn I used for the two inside rounds is actually doubled up yarn.  The first couple batches of T-Shirt yarn that I made, I cut really thin.  When I wanted to use it for this project I just doubled it up.  It worked perfectly and it gave it kind of a neat texture.
The fabric on the last couple of rounds came from a twin size sheet made from t-shirt material.
I'm so happy with the way this one turned out that I'm actually about to rip apart the rug I made for my older niece so that I can fix it.  I like having all of the pinks in their own rounds and all of the purples in their own rounds.  The orange/yellow/red rug has more of a ladder appearance to the rounds.  Yep, definitely changing that!!





Post a Comment