Sunday, November 13, 2011

All Apologies and New Hobbies!

Hi everyone!!  Did you miss me??  Well, I know that it's typical for a blogger to apologize after a long absence and give a reason for their lack of blogging.  However, I'm not going to do that.  I took some time off because, well, this blog is for me, by me, and I just didn't feel like working on it.  (I'm fickle like that)  During my absence I was still pretty busy crafting (and forgetting to take pictures of the stuff I finished), helping with flood clean-up, going on vacation with my entire family to Florida, and hosting one hell of a kick-ass HollaBirthaWeen party.  I'm back now though, so don't worry.  


One of the things I was supposed to be doing while I was away was some craft fairs.  That didn't turn out the way I'd imagined it.  The first one was a bust.  It was very poorly organized, but I still managed to sell a couple of things.  The second one, well, I got sick and couldn't go.  The third one, I got busy with vacation planning and FORGOT to send in the application.  Ugh.  There's a bunch of stuff that I finished up specifically for these fairs, but forgot to post them here.  I'll show you just a couple...


These frames were originally a bright gold.  I spray painted them silver and glazed them black.  I haven't decided what to do with them yet though.
This chalkboard was originally a really super ugly painting in a cheap plastic frame.  With a little spray paint, I got this!
This frame is one of my favorites.  I think it would be awesome to use as a card display at Christmas, but it could also be a jewelry holder.  There are a bunch more projects to show you, but I think I'm going to give them each their own post because they're just that awesome.


Another of the things that happened in my blogging absence was that my area got hit with some major flooding.  In my last post I mentioned the weather we were experiencing as a consequence of Hurricane Irene.  Well, 2 weeks later we got dumped on again by Tropical Storm Lee.  It devastated large portions of our area and many of our friends were seriously affected by the flooding.  I spent a couple of mornings after work helping our friend Laura clean up at her bookstore in Owego, NY.  If you are ever in that area, make sure you check out Riverow Bookshop.  It's a fantastic store!  I wish I'd had time to do more, but by then it was time for vacation!!


My family took an incredible vacation to Orlando.  We hit up the Magic Kingdom, Epcot, Universal (Harry Potter world was my FAVORITE!!), Sea World, Aquatica, Medieval Times, and the Beach all while staying at a gorgeous house that my parents rented for us for the week.  This topic deserves its own post, so stay tuned for that.


Within a couple weeks of our return from vacation it was time for HollaBirthaWeen.  This year we had some of THE best costumes.  Again, it deserves its own post, so I better get crackin on that one too.


Lately, I've been really busy crocheting.  A few years ago my Mom bought me a kit to teach myself how to crochet, and I've gotten pretty into it.  I've done a bunch of dishcloths...


Love these colors.
I've also started working on some African Flowers.  Eventually they will be a blanket.
So that's my last couple of months in a nutshell.  Don't worry, I'll be back soon with new posts.  Thanks to my sister Kira, I'm feeling very inspired now.  See you soon!!







Post a Comment