Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Butterfly Re-Do

Does anyone remember home decor items like these from the 70s?
They are plastic but were made to look like wicker.  Anyway, I've had some in my stash for, probably, two years minimum.  Mine had been painted a sickly Pepto-Bismol pink and were sad looking.  Unfortunately I forgot to take a picture of just HOW sad before I started painting.  Anyway, I decided to paint mine different colors and glaze them.  
I had a little trouble with the glazing because there are SO many nooks and crannies on these butterflies.
The glaze does a nice job of highlighting those nooks and crannies though.
So it was worth the extra effort.
The sun was out today, so I actually got some decent pictures!
I'm not sure which one is my favorite.  I think maybe the green and blue ones are my favorites, but that might be because I like the actual butterfly design better.
They look really nice on the barn!  Maybe I should leave them there!!
All told, this project took me about an hour to finish.  That's without the "paint drying time".  The butterflies I got for $1 at a yard sale.  I know that because they still had the stickers on them.  Yeah for stash busting!!!!


Featured at:






Photobucket



Post a Comment