They are plastic but were made to look like wicker. Anyway, I've had some in my stash for, probably, two years minimum. Mine had been painted a sickly Pepto-Bismol pink and were sad looking. Unfortunately I forgot to take a picture of just HOW sad before I started painting. Anyway, I decided to paint mine different colors and glaze them.
I had a little trouble with the glazing because there are SO many nooks and crannies on these butterflies.
The glaze does a nice job of highlighting those nooks and crannies though.
So it was worth the extra effort.
The sun was out today, so I actually got some decent pictures!
I'm not sure which one is my favorite. I think maybe the green and blue ones are my favorites, but that might be because I like the actual butterfly design better.
They look really nice on the barn! Maybe I should leave them there!!
All told, this project took me about an hour to finish. That's without the "paint drying time". The butterflies I got for $1 at a yard sale. I know that because they still had the stickers on them. Yeah for stash busting!!!!