Thursday, July 7, 2011

Another 70's Re-Do

Remember these frames from the post I did a few weeks ago about my thrifting finds?  I'm pretty sure they're from the 70's, but I forgot to check.

They're not much to look at art-wise, but the frames are sweet.  At first I was going to make more backless frames, but then I got a better idea, a bulletin board/dry erase board set!  In awesome colors...orange and purple.  Oh yeah baby.
Unfortunately the writing is kind of hard to see.  All of my dry erase markers were dried out (ha ha) except one.  It's not the best kind to use for this, but I really wanted to share this with everyone.  The fabric I used behind the glass is vintage fabric that my Mom gave me.  Mom is great, she fully supports my crafting habit and, in fact, encourages it with gifts of awesome stuff.  The rosettes I made from vintage fabric from my stash.  I glazed this frame, but it's hard to see in this picture.  It looks rad.
I think the bulletin board is my favorite.  I love the way the glazing stands out against the orange.  More vintage fabric rosettes and a super cute picture of my beautiful sister with my beautiful nieces.  The pointing finger is a download from *The Graphics Fairy*.
I love the way they look together.  So cute.

What do you think?  Are they cool?  If you weren't crafty would you buy them? I'm going to start doing craft shows soon, so I want to get some stock built up.  

Post a Comment