Sunday, June 26, 2011

Mini Bulletin Board LOVE

Alright, so, I have yet ANOTHER Pinterest inspired project to share with you.  Someday, I swear, I will do something a little more original, but for now, I will let Pinterest "inspire" me.  After our yard sale this spring, my Mom let me take a frame that didn't sell.  When I saw this project, I knew that that's what the frame needed to be.















I don't have a picture of the original frame because I got a little excited and forgot to take one.  To get started, I sanded it a little and then painted it with the paint I used on Barn Drawer #2.
Then I glazed it while the second coat was still just a little wet.
It smeared around so nicely that way.  My problem came when I put the cork in.  The backing for the frame wasn't very thick, and genius that I am, I used my staple gun to secure it.  This is what happened.
It's okay though because my Mom also gave me a whole bunch of vintage games after the yard sale, and that meant I had letter tiles.  Here's the finished product.
And again with some stuff attached.  I happen to really love this picture of my husband modeling one of my hats and pins.  He's such a good sport and a goof.
I'll definitely be making more of these now.  I love the way it turned out!  I'm sure I'll be linking this project up with all the parties in my sidebar, because they rock!!




Featured At:


Photobucket



Post a Comment