I don't have a picture of the original frame because I got a little excited and forgot to take one. To get started, I sanded it a little and then painted it with the paint I used on Barn Drawer #2.
Then I glazed it while the second coat was still just a little wet.
It smeared around so nicely that way. My problem came when I put the cork in. The backing for the frame wasn't very thick, and genius that I am, I used my staple gun to secure it. This is what happened.
It's okay though because my Mom also gave me a whole bunch of vintage games after the yard sale, and that meant I had letter tiles. Here's the finished product.
And again with some stuff attached. I happen to really love this picture of my husband modeling one of my hats and pins. He's such a good sport and a goof.
I'll definitely be making more of these now. I love the way it turned out! I'm sure I'll be linking this project up with all the parties in my sidebar, because they rock!!