Sunday, June 5, 2011

The Craziness I've Been Up To

Well, tonight I go back to work after two weeks off.  I definitely can say that this vacation was crazy.  The first half of it I was running around like a loon.  First I was busy trying to get ready for the big yard sale and then my Mother-In-Law was here for a visit.  She helped a lot with the party prep for the big Mayhemorial Day weekend extravaganza.  The party was fantastic.  The weather cooperated, for the most part, and everyone had an insanely good time.  I was going to say "lovely time" but I feel that's a bit too mild for our group of friends.  The second half of vacation was spent recovering from the first week.  There were some minor road trips, some gardening, some crafting, and a LOT of couch time with the hubs.  He had this past week off too, but he wasn't feeling well for the majority of the time.  It was a bummer, but we definitely made the most out of it.  I've never watched so much anime in my life!  Here are some pics to chronicle what I've been up to.


This is the guy I've been spending all my time with...
One of the party traditions is to go to a local waterfall to hang out for a bit.  This year we tried out a new creek.  It was pretty fantastic.
That's me!
I didn't run and slide like most of my friends because, well, I didn't want to hurt my bum.
The water was cold but not so cold that it froze your bits.
The hubs getting in on the sliding action.  We seriously had a caravan of 5 cars to head out to the falls.  On the way back it was like a parade with lots of loud music and yelling.


Like I said, the second week of vacation....much tamer.  The hubs built me this raised bed out of some wood we found in the barn.  A friend had to move, so we rescued a bunch of her strawberry plants, flowers, and trees.  I'm hoping they're going to make it.  We also got our other veggie planters cleaned out and the veggies planted.
The rhododendrons finally made their presence known, in a big way!
I love listening to the bees humming in the flowers.  There are so many flowers this year, I can't get over it!!
I also spent a lot of time chatting with the blueberry plants we planted last year.  They are doing well.
The animals have definitely enjoyed having the hubs and me home for all this time.  I wonder what they'll do tonight when we're both at work.  
It looks like they might be planning some mischief.  So, that's it.  For the most part.  Now it's time for me to go work on the projects I started so that I can finally share them with everyone!!


OH!!  I almost forgot to share this!  We had a bear visit while my MIL was here!!  She forgot to roll the windows up on her car and had some food inside. Apparently there was a hungry bear nearby because when she came out the next morning to get something from the car, this is what she found.

Her seat was a MESS and there were paw prints on the windshield!!
It looks like the bear was pretty big!!  I wish one of us had actually seen him doing this, that would have been a great picture.  Has anyone else had a bear encounter?  
Post a Comment