Monday, June 6, 2011

Chicken Wire Memo Boards!!

Like so many others out there, I have a serious addiciton to Pinterest.  One of the first things I fell in love with were these chicken wire memo boards from Lemonade Makin' Mama.  

Instantly I knew I had to try making them for myself.  I actually finished the first one a couple weeks ago, but I didn't take any pictures of the process.  This weekend I made two more.  I started with this frame.
I spray painted it white and then Rustoleum's Apple Green.  The other frame I spray painted a Krylon purple, but I can't remember what the name is.
Then I cut some chicken wire to fit the openings.  For these frames I spray painted the wire white.  My first frame I left it the way it was.  Once that dried, I stapled it in.
The green one I left that way.  For the purple one I decided to add a back.  I cut fabric and glued it onto the backing for the frame. 


After the wire was in the frame, I put the cardboard in and pressed the tabs down.  Later I'm going to add another piece of cardboard to cover the whole thing so it doesn't look so messy.  Here they are all finished!


Pretty cute, right?  
I love that the wood grain shows through on the green frame.
I can't decide whether I like the fabric backing or not, but I do like that the wire ends are hidden inside the frame.
There it is, my very first Pinterest-find inspired project.  While I don't think mine look as good as my inspiration, I still think they turned out great!!
Post a Comment