Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Curtain TieBacks, A Request

My Mom likes to show off all the awesome crap that I've made to her friends at work.  One day she was showing one of her friends some of the stuff in my etsy shop when said friend asked "Could she make some curtain tiebacks with flowers on them?"  Mom replied that she was sure I could, but that she'd ask me.  When Mom called, I told her that I'd definitely do that, right away.  That was over a month ago. 

Somehow I got really busy doing other stuff, but always, in the back of my mind, were those tiebacks.  I wasn't sure how I was going to do it, and then I thought "MAGNETS".  At that time I didn't see anything out there in the link parties or other blogs about curtain tiebacks.  I was excited because I thought maybe I was going to be doing something fairly original.  HA.  Keep dreaming sister.  Last week I found several blogs doing the exact thing I had pictured, and doing it very well. 

Not one to be put off by the thought of copying someone, I did mine anyway.  I used one wire ribbon flower and one fabric rosette for each tieback, and I spray painted my magnets gold to complement the color of the flowers.
I think they look very pretty, even on my thrift shop curtains.

One really neat thing is that because there are flowers on both ends of each tieback, they are reversible.


They turned out really well, and I'll definitely be making more.  I guess the moral of this story is that if your Mom calls you and asks if you can make something, do it.  Right away.  

Featured at

Post a Comment