Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Birthday Bird Book Wreath for my Grandma Baby Ruth

Yes, we call one of my grandmas Baby Ruth.  I started calling her that when I was little and the name stuck.  Isn't that awesome?  Baby Ruth candy bars are, coincidentally, my favorite candy bar.  Naming grandmas aside, I am a terrible granddaughter.  We celebrated Baby Ruth's birthday over Mother's Day weekend along with the hubs' birthday AND Mother's Day.  The problem was, I wanted to make her a birthday gift and simply did NOT have the time to get it done before we headed to my parents' house for the big partay.  Not that this is an excuse, but that weekend came right at the end of the two weeks where I did 3 extra shifts at work.  I was just a wee bit exhausted.  Anyway, I finally finished her birthday present and I think it's pretty sahweet!

I made her a book wreath.
The bird and its nest came from *The Graphics Fairy*.  Then I painted the bird with my watercolor pencils.
The flowers I made from wired ribbon and fabric.
What do you think?  Do you think she'll like it??  I hope so.  I know I do!!

Some cool news...I'm taking part in the Summer Daze Giveaways being hosted by Krista from While He Was Napping.  It's five days of giveaways and is set up much like Spring Fling was.  Awesome, right?  So make sure you check back in, a lot, the week of June 6-10 for some great giveaways. 








Featured at







UndertheTableandDreaming





Post a Comment