Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Survivor Layouts for Tallyscrapper-Weeks 7 and 8

Lately, for some really weird reason, I just haven't felt like scrapping, but I have to.  One layout every week for Survivor on Tallyscrapper.  That's part of the beauty of this game, it forces me to scrap even when I don't feel like it.  It's not that I'm not inspired, because I am.  The problem is that I put it off until the day the layout is due.  That means that when I get home from work, when I'm already tired, I have to scrap.  Bwah ha ha.  The evils of procrastination.  That being said, I think my layouts the last couple of weeks have been alright!  Not great examples of human creativity, but still pretty darn cute.  Want to see them?  I'll show them to you and you can judge for yourselves.

Week #7
For this week the challenge was to
  1. Use blue and gold
  2. Use "Survivor" in the journaling
  3. Use a clothespin or random piece of wood somewhere on the layout
  4. Have a proper name in the title
So here it is:

Love this picture of my niece.

Week #8
For this week we had to use an ad given to us as inspiration.  It was a cool, colorful ad so that was nice.  We also had to:
  1. Background paper either black or white.
  2. Colors of the layout must be bright, cheerful colors-no neutrals.
  3. Lots of paint.  At least 3 colors, no mists.
  4. Only 1 picture and it must be black & white.
  5. Title must be only one word.
I'll admit, I cranked this one out really fast while I caught up on The Guild Season 3.  It took longer to get the paint to dry than it did to put the whole thing together.  My excuse is that I was super tired.  Falling asleep at the computer tired.  Dang procrastination!!

It's not bad, it's just not what I'd envisioned when I read the challenge last week.  Oh well, maybe that will inspire me to do my layout earlier this week.  Does anyone else out there suffer from procrastination??
Post a Comment