Friday, April 1, 2011

Ribbon Flower Hair Ties

Ooh, ooh, ooh, I can't wait for you guys to see these!  My friend Simone suggested that I make some hair ties with flowers on them because, as she pointed out, not everyone likes to wear headbands.  I've been wanting to try out making flowers besides the rolled rosettes and figured this was the perfect reason to start.  So I grabbed some wire ribbon and started making flowers.  Yeah, I love them.  LOVE them.  They look like the peonies that will be blooming in my yard in a couple of months!  


This is the first one I did.  I used some ribbon that I bought on clearance at A.C. Moore ages ago.
I loved the way it turned out SO much, that I couldn't wait to make more.


This multi-colored one is made from some yard sale ribbon.  I can't even remember how long I've had it, but I LOVE the colors in it.
 The wire broke a couple of times in the beginning because it was thin and I was pretty psyched about getting it done.  I managed to rein myself in and salvage the busted section.


This one I made from a ribbon I saved from the trash at Christmas this year.  I'd like to say that my family thought I was crazy because I was picking up all the tissue paper and good ribbons, but that would be a lie.  They're used to me by now.  
It looks really soft in the picture, but it's actually more stiff.  The ribbon is like a wire mesh material.


The ribbon in this one came from a birthday present this year.  My friend Jen brought me a pad of scrapbook paper wrapped with this wicked ribbon.  It's been hanging in my scrap room for months now as decoration and I thought it would make a sweet hair tie.
It's big and pink and glittery.  What more could you ask for?


This totally exhausted my stock of flower worthy wired ribbon, but I wanted to make more.  So, um, I went shopping.  A.C. Moore had ribbon on sale this week and I bought a bunch.  I also bought some on EBay and those arrived today.  I used some on another project that I'll be sharing tomorrow.  (hint:  it's AWESOME)  Anyway, here's the last hair tie I have finished right now.  I think this one might just be my favorite.
The colors are gorgeous!  The best part is that when you're wearing it on your wrist it looks like a bracelet.  
LOVE!!!  So, what do you think?  Do you like them?  Should I do more?  Okay, I'll admit, I am doing more.  No matter what anyone says, and I'll be adding some of these flowers into my headband mix.  Oh yeah! (said Kool-Aid guy style)  I'll be getting these into my Etsy shop, DandoisLion DeLights, hopefully tonight!!


Check out these treasuries where my hair ties have been featured.  Not that I'm bragging, no wait, I totally am.  These treasuries are so cool and I feel totally honored to have stuff that I made included in them!


Pink Pink and Pink Again by LouArts 
April Showers Bring May Flowers by curlytopcorner
Pretty in Pink by cardsbyjane
Lime Green and Hot Pink but Don't Ask Me Why by designsbyegs
My Romantic Pinky List by PearlyNotes







WWFB





Post a Comment