Tuesday, April 26, 2011

A Reconciliation and Pure Pennsylvania

Before I say anything else, I must tell you all that I have reconciled with my hair.  We are on speaking terms again.  My Mom suggested that I part my hair on the side rather than in the middle like a big dork and after a few days of playing with it, I kind of like it. (Don't worry, she didn't call me a big dork.  She has in the past, but not this time.  Love you Mom!)  Our family celebrated Easter on Saturday since the hubs and I work on Sundays, so I actually put on nice clothes, did my hair, and *gasp* put on make-up.  Saturday night I looked in the mirror and said, for the first time since the infamous cut, "Hey, my hair looks pretty good."  So that's my first bit of good news.  Yeah!  I no longer cringe when I look in the mirror and am actually starting to like the hair.

Second bit of good news...some of my hair stuff is being sold in an actual store!!  Pure Pennsylvania is a store where people can pick up the merchandise, touch it, and try it on.  It's a really great little shop.  They sell lots of beautiful things made by local people, locally produced food, and they have a quilt shop built right in!!!  Check out their Facebook page and give them some love.  I'm very excited to have this opportunity.  It was one of my goals for this year!!  I'm a little upset with myself for not getting pictures of everything I took over, but I did get a few of the headbands that went, even if they're not the greatest pictures ever.

 This one is my favorite.  It's very vintage looking.  The hair...not bad!
You can see the piece a little better in this one.  The orange flower I made from a leftover piece of wired ribbon.  The other two are from fabrics.
Ignore my robe, I was cold.  Focus on the headband...and the hair.  This one was embellished with old earrings and some crystals.  The brown and teal fabric is vintage.  The flower in the middle is made from wired ribbon.
The center rosette on this headband has a vintage earring attached.
Seems like a pretty good start to me.  What do you all think about the headbands?  The hair's looking much better, isn't it?
Post a Comment