Monday, March 7, 2011

Storage Jars--Special Ones!!

Here's another perfect example of why I keep everything instead of tossing it or throwing it in recycling.  Awhile ago I put up some corkboards in my craft room to put, well, anything on.  Mostly what's on there right now are pictures I printed to scrap that weren't the right size or images that I was going to use but changed my mind. (Is that a run-on sentence?  My grammar skills are rusty!)  Anyway, I started using a leftover jar from some Prima flowers to store my tacks in.  It's pretty cute!
This weekend I decided that I wanted to make it a little prettier, and make it some friends.  I dug the other 2 that I had out of the storage bin I'd stashed them in and scrubbed the labels off with some hot water.  Then I cut three 1.5" circles out for the tops using my cricut and attached them with some E6000 because I love that stuff. 
When it dried I wrote the labels on them.  My original plan was to paint the lids with chalkboard paint, but it wasn't sticking well.  To be honest I really just wanted to do it and get it done.  To feel like I accomplished something, you know? 
Woah, blurry.  Now I had some fun.  I used my hot glue gun to attach some vintage ribbon from my stash.
Then I added a cute little butterfly to each lid and filled each jar.

Aren't they cute??  They look awesome on the shelf in my room AND they're useful AND they're upcycled.  Now THAT is a run-on sentence.
Post a Comment