Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Distressed Clothespin Ribbon Holders

On Tallyscrapper right now, a bunch of us are doing a "TALLY ROCKS theme swap".  Everyone got assigned a song to build a kit around, we all posted pictures in a gallery, and soon we will draw numbers to see who gets which kit.  My song was "Purple Rain" by Prince.  Immediately I wanted to do a kit that was all deep purples with blacks and lace, Prince type stuff.  Well, my supplies were not helpful.  The craft stores were not helpful.  All the purples I found were pastel-ish or had little kid type prints.  Not Prince-like.  So I had to change it up a little.  My kit ended up being LOTS of purple with some other colors thrown in.  I love the way it turned out.  I did manage to find some really cool trims to add in, but I wanted to make them cooler.  Then I saw what Christymack had done...she wrapped her trims around old clothespins.  Ha ha!  I have some of those!!  So I spray-painted them black.
Terrible pics, I know.  Then I distressed them.
Here are all 5 of them.  In the fancy drying device that I invented.  Also known as a spray paint cap.
Here they are with their trims.
It was such a quick, easy project and it added so much to my kit!!  Don't forget about the





This Friday, March 11th, there will be a complete list of all the participating blogs over at Wildflowers & Whimsy.  Come back that day and you'll see a preview here of my giveaway!!  It's pretty flippin awesome, if I do say so myself.  Which I do.

Post a Comment