Friday, February 18, 2011

Snow Day!! Survivor Starts on Tallyscrapper!!

When a new season of Survivor comes on, that means it's time for Survivor on Tallyscrapper!!  This time around we have Team Russell and Team Boston Rob.  Not watching the show, I have no idea who these guys are except that Russell is a big jerk (?) and Boston Rob fainted.  I'm on Team Russell, so that's obviously THE best team.  There is a LOT of smack talk going on at the Tallyscrapper message board, and it's hilarious.  It really helps to motivate me to get my layout done and posted so I don't let my team down.  So anyway, for this week both teams got the same challenge, posted by our fearless leader Cristal, aka Pinky.  


The challenge was to:
1. Use at least one picture with more than one person in it.
2. Use tan/brown and blue--because hello!  We're on an island here people!
3. Use at least 2 staples
4. Recycle a piece of packaging from some scrappy supplies
5. Have some white, or negative, space


Here's what I came up with (I did this between 12 and 3am last night):
The pictures are of my nieces, taken by my sister, on a snow day a couple weeks ago.  Kira took the girls sledding for 2 hours and they had a blast!  The pictures are not blurry in real life, that's just my picture.  You should check out Kira's blog, Blah to Blog.  She posts a lot of her pictures and thoughts and projects.  I love her.  


Can you find my scrappy recycling??
It's the pink swirls!  I cut them out from some cupcake liners that came in a Making Memories embellishment pack that was in a kit.  Pretty cool right?  Oh, and check out the misting.  I used a technique I learned from Christine at Tallyscrapper.  She did a great tutorial on how to do some ghost misting.  (She's not sure what it's called, but I really liked her term ghost misting)


I'm really excited about this round of Survivor because everyone is amped up.  The challenge has been up since Tuesday night and our team already has 18 entries posted.  It's been such a revival since Pinky took over.  Happy Dance!!

Post a Comment