Monday, February 7, 2011

Ocean Flower Decorative Pincushion

Is there really an "ocean flower"?  I have no idea!  I thought about calling it my sunflower pincushion, but the petals are turquoise.  I like Ocean Flower.  This project took me about two weeks.  It could have been quicker, but hey, I like to diversify my projects.  Embroidery isn't the quickest project.  The turquoise embroidery floss is a shiny kind that I've never used before.  I saw the color when I was buying floss for another project and had to have it.  Then, when I saw this matte white vintage Hull planter at the flea market, I knew exactly what I was going to do.  This....
Isn't it AWESOME???  I love, love, love it!!  The fabric is a clearance fabric that I usually use to make rosettes. 
The turquoise really pops.
It makes me feel like spring.  Blue skies, flowers, birds singing, and sun shining.  The whole deal.  You?


Post a Comment