Tuesday, February 22, 2011

More Hair Stuff You Ask? Yep. Definitely.

Last week I had waaaay too much fun at Joanne's.  Up until then, all the fabric I'd been using was either given to me, bought on clearance at a huge store that I hate, or thrifted from yard sales.  Lucky for me, Joanne's was having some great sales, plus I had coupons.  They let me use ALL of the coupons I had with me.  I didn't think they were supposed to do that, so I thank the super nice lady who waited on me.  I got a bunch of new satin fabrics in different colors and quite a few scraps from the remnant bin.  Then I got to work and made a bunch of rosettes.  When I put them together, this is what I got--a fascinator barrette.
Yeah, I added some tulle and fake pearl things from Michael's.  (Also bought on clearance.)  Then I found this cameo pin in my stash.  It was a flea market find a few weeks ago, so I have no idea how old it is.  

I really hate having glue, or thread, or both, showing so I backed everything with more of the black fabric.  It was tough work with that barrette on there, but I made it work.
The hubs took this picture for me.  I am so bad at doing my hair, but at least you get the general idea of what it looks like.  


I also put this together:
For this one I used a vintage earring to embellish it a little.  I LOVE it.  I'm definitely going to make one to keep for myself.
Not a pretty picture of my hair....again.  Sorry peeps, I work overnights so by the time I get around to taking pictures I am already EXHAUSTED.  I couldn't figure out a way to back this one so that the threads weren't showing, so I used some sparkly thread.
Does it bother you as much as it bothers me??  I would have used black, but, um, I didn't have any with me.  I'm not good at waiting when I want something done.  They're done now and posted on etsy.  Now, it's time for me to get to work on my Week 2 Survivor layout for Tallyscrapper and my stuff for the




I'm so excited for you all to see what I'm giving away.  I think you'll like it!!!
Post a Comment