Friday, February 25, 2011

Color Me Crazy Challenge at Tallyscrapper

Last weekend I did a challenge at Tallyscrapper called "Color Me Crazy".  The challenge?  To use crayons on your layout.  The creator of the challenge, the awesome Laurajean, even listed some articles on using crayons on layouts.  I knew, as soon as I saw them, that I HAD to try it.  Using an iron, to melt crayons, to put on paper??  Hello!!!  We only have one iron, I do not care, I am using it for this challenge.  Who irons their clothes anyway?  Jeesh.  Here it is:
The pictures are of my friend Laura and me at a benefit we worked a couple years ago.  Things are NEVER dull when Laura's around.  She's one of my favorite people in the entire world.  Please ignore the fact that the mustaches on my mustache sticks are upside down, I got a little adhesive happy and glued them on before I'd realized what I'd done.  And glued them to the paper.  And added glitter glue.  Damn.  

The journaling, in case you can't read it, says "Laura & me hamming it up for the camera.  We love our "mustaches" even if it's not "Mustache Ride Day".  "Mustache Ride Day" is a holiday we celebrate in our group of friends. It commemorates the day after HollaBirthaWeen when all the boys shaved their facial hair into ridiculous mustaches. We then went out in the field and did "JackAss" type stunts with the pick-up truck, a tabletop, and a bunch of chain. Don't worry, we had a helmet! Hence the name, Mustache Ride Day. Nothing dirty. 
I love the way the background came out.  It's so cool.  I want to put crayons on everything now.
Anyone ever tried this before?  How did it turn out for you??
Post a Comment