Monday, February 14, 2011

Bunches of Barrettes

Well, I guess technically most of them are clips, but to me, they're barrettes.  Making all of those headbands has left me with bunches of scraps.  Scraps that I can't seem to just throw away because I hate wasting things.  So I got the great idea to make them into rosettes and add them to hair clips.

These I added little stones and some beads.

They look really nice on!

For these I should have put the big beads on the bigger flower, but oops, I didn't.

Awww!

Wouldn't these be great for 4th of July?

I might have to make some to keep for myself!

These are two of the rosettes that I sewed together, no hot glue at all.  At least not until I attached them to the hair clips.  Then I added some glue, just for stability.

I love the frayed look.

I also did up a quick barrette with some of my bigger "scrap" rosettes.
This one is on a spring clip barrette, so it can hold larger amounts of hair.
If you're interested, the barrettes are up in my etsy shop, DandoisLion DeLights.  There's a link in the sidebar.
Post a Comment