Monday, January 10, 2011

Sew Excited About These Pincushions!

My thrifting trips lately have been ruled by small, pincushion ready containers.  A couple weeks ago I found this gorgeous red wooden bowl that I knew would be an awesome pincushion, although I did consider leaving it alone.  I paid $.99 for it.  As it turns out, I had the perfect fabric to go with it.  I even added a little embroidery and a cute red button on top.


Isn't she adorable?? 

Then, today I got to work on another pincushion while watching my favorite movie "Almost Famous", director's cut.  You have to watch the director's cut, there are a bunch of great scenes that didn't make it into the theatrical version. 

Anyway, this pincushion is made from a beautiful pottery bowl that I got in the same Salvo trip.  I paid $.99.  The fabric I cut from a vintage embroidered curtain that I had laying around.  Then I embellished it with some embroidery, a flower, and some pretty buttons. 


The pictures aren't the greatest because it was dark by the time I finished, but I really wanted to get these up to show everyone.  I'm pretty proud of the way they turned out.

My husband, surprisingly, likes the white one better than the red one (red is his favorite color).  Which one do you all like better?  I'm partial to the white one myself, I'll be honest. 
Post a Comment