Monday, January 17, 2011

Purple Pottery Pincushion

Alliterations are fun.  This weekend found me making yet another pincushion.  I find myself really enoying doing the embroidery on the cushions.  Maybe that's what keeps bringing me back to this project.  Well, that and the abundance of awesome bowls at the Salvo.  I got this bowl a few weeks ago for $.99.

The cushion is made from a vintage scarf and more of that salvaged batting.  The flowers were made with some ribbon I had in my stash.


My husband says that it looks like a purple cinnamon roll, and he asked if he could eat it.  He was just waking up when I showed it to him, so I'm not sure he fully understood what was going on.
I love the wide rim on the bowl.


This one is my new favorite.  I'm almost tempted to keep it rather than putting it in my Etsy shop.  Then again, nah, I have an awesome pincushion.  I'll share the wealth. 

Post a Comment