Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Oops! I need to learn to follow my own rules!

For the last couple of weeks I've been working on an embroidery project.  It's going to be a mat for a picture frame.  The frame is all painted, distressed, and glazed.  Last night at work I finished the mat.  Today I was all excited to get it mounted on some cardboard and check the whole thing out.  Then I realized...I'd made the embroidery part too big for the frame.  Well, not exactly.  The segment I marked out on my fabric is way too big and I can't figure out how to make it work with THAT frame.  Every way I try it looks silly.  I should have taken pictures so you could all share in my amusement/frustration.  So, I guess this week I'll be on the hunt for a bigger frame.  I need a really weird size too, so it's not going to be easy.  Does anyone know whether pencil comes out of linen?  Maybe I'll try handwashing the linen to see if that works.  ARGH.  I should never be allowed to start things without exact measurements on hand.  Oh well, I guess I just won't be using it for that frame.  There are others.  I can make something work and it will be glorious.

I hope.
Post a Comment