Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Two Weeks of Thrifting Finds

The past few weeks the Salvation Army has had some decent stuff!  Well, decent stuff to repurpose.  Most of it wasn't much to look at on its own, but through a creative lens, all kinds of possibilities emerged.
The wreath is hideous, I know, but it was $.25.  The cloth came out so easily!!  The coat is my favorite part from this trip.  It's super fuzzy and warm.  Don't worry, the fur is fake.  Ignore the nasty recliner.  The hubs shares it with the cats and our wolfhound.  Poor chair.
This is from my trip last week.  My total that trip was $53, but that included 2 pairs of pants (brand new!) for the hubs.  It also included the the mirror & candlesticks below.  My favorites from this trip are the glass jar and the white bird.  They are actually part of the project I'm working on right now!  Literally, right now.  I'm writing this while I wait for the paint to dry. 
 I'm not sure what I'll do with all of these, but pulling them apart sounds fun.
I'm in LOVE with the hat pins.  Seriously swooning over them.
And these??  Tell me they aren't awesome.  I dare you.  I paid $3.99 for them.  More than I would have liked, but oh well.
 The mirror set me back $14.99.  I probably shouldn't have gotten it, but I was in full on must have mode.  I've been looking for a mirror like this for awhile.  My Wolfie Ryndham had to know what was going on.
 "Aren't I beautiful?"  Well, you need your hair brushed, but yeah, you definitely are.
She's HUGE!  And my room's a mess.  Ignore that though.  Please?
Post a Comment