Monday, December 6, 2010

Special Box for Special Correspondence

When I saw this awesome collaboration between *The Graphics Fairy* and Pugly Pixel, I knew I needed to use it and right away.  But on what...Then I saw this in my stash:
So I spray painted it white before painting it a metallic gold color.  Then I used some crackle effect finish and coated that with a melted butter color.  It came out awesomely.  Then I printed the graphics and cut them out.  It took several tries to get them the right size and combination, but once it was right, I edged all the pieces with some gold metallic paint.  Then I used Modge Podge to both attach and coat them.  Of course I forgot to take pics during this process.  I also added a banner from *The Graphics Fairy* and attached the word "Post" in a glittery chipboard alphabet using E6000.  I also attached a couple of flowers and leaves for extra dimension.

 And here's the finished product

I'm really pleased with the way it turned out!  I'll be linking it up to the parties in the sidebar.  Thanks, as usual, to *The Graphics Fairy* and to Pugley Pixel!!


Entered at

Post a Comment