Monday, December 27, 2010

Last Minute Project

Wednesday night, as I was getting ready to go to work, I decided that I wanted to try making rosettes out of fabric.  It just so happens that I have a bunch of awesome fabric just laying around, and I figured that it would be a simple project to work on at work in my down time.  There are so many good, easy to follow tutorials out there, that I figured I'd be able to make some, no problem.  I used the tutorial on Tatertots and Jello.  My original plan was to use the flowers, on their own, as bows on my Christmas gifts to the women in my family.  Once I got started making the flowers, I decided that I'd like to try making them into pins or barrettes.  So, that's what I did.  I was working on these right up until noon on Christmas Eve.   




The best part about these pins is that I had everything on hand.  Well, except for the pins themselves, those I did have to buy.  So, the total cost for the project was $3.99 and a few glue sticks.  The wrapping paper is just packing paper that comes every month in a scrapbooking kit I get.  I always save it, and now I know why.  Here's the pile of presents, all wrapped up.
Not the most traditional Christmas wrapping, but definitely my most creative.  I was so happy with the way they turned out.  Too bad I didn't get some pictures of the barrettes I made for my nieces!  I cranked those out Christmas morning and didn't get a chance to take pictures of them. 
Post a Comment