Monday, December 6, 2010

Just a Happy Accident

When I started working on my Santa book wreath I chose a vintage hardcover book and got to work.  I quickly realized that I had made a big mistake.  Not in my book choice, but in using a brush to paint the edges.  They stuck together.  So, I decided to use the book in a different way.  The edges were covered in red and silver glitter paint.  Then I covered the book with some packing paper that I had laying around and glued a Christmas ribbon down the spine.
Then I printed a Santa graphic from *The Graphics Fairy*, added some text, distressed it, and used Modge Podge to seal and attach it.  Once that was dry I attached some trim and poinsettias.
For a mistake project, it turned out pretty neat.  I'm really glad I didn't just toss the book in the recycling!!  Cost to me?  Nothing!  The best part is that I used more stuff from my stash!
Post a Comment