Monday, December 13, 2010

Glittery Giftwrappings

Okay, so after I finished making the Squinkie soaps for my nieces, I had to figure out what I was going to put them in to gift them.  The ziploc bags they're in right now just won't cut it for Christmas gifts.  In my stash I found 2 boxes of the cardboard/papier mache type and spray painted them white. 

Side note: One of the boxes I've had since I was in high school.  I believe my grandparents gave it to me as part of a Christmas or Valentine's Day gift.  It had roses printed all over it.  The other I think I got at a yard sale.

Then I chose colors:  yellow for one niece (that is her current favorite color....or at least it was at Thanksgiving, it might have changed since then) and pink for the younger niece.
 You can see that Modge Podge does double duty in my house.  It's not only an adhesive, but it's also a paint drying stand. 

Then, I painted a wooden K & E (first letters of the names).  You can see the E above.  I used Plaid metallic purple to paint that one before I coated it with Plaid Extreme glitter paint.  The K I painted green and then coated it with the glitter paint. 

The boxes also got a coating of glitter paint with their corresponding colors.  Then I added some rub-on butterflies before attaching the letters to the lids with E6000.  They turned out even better than I hoped for.


Post a Comment