Monday, December 20, 2010

Black & White Paisley Fairy Wreath

If you are, by some chance, keeping track, you'll know that of the wooden rings I've been playing with, I'm down to 2 now.  It's so quick to make book/coffee filter wreaths at this size that I decided to do another one, and since the colorful deer wreath I made for Laura turned out so beautifully, I decided to add some color to those pages.  So, once I got the book pages glued on, I gave them a light coat of Krylon Metallic Silver spray paint.  It dried so fast!!  Then I got an image from *The Graphics Fairy* for the center.  I knew I didn't want it to be a Christmas image, so I chose a Paisley fairy that I printed in black & white. 
She's kind of hard to make out because of the shadow, but she's really pretty.

Then I finished the wreath off with some coffee filters, black lace, and a lace/black ribbon hanger. 

The best part about it?  Everything I used I already had on hand.  (Another Harlequin novel was sacrificed.) I'll be posting this on the linky parties on the right. 

I really think this is my favorite one so far.  The hubs disappointed me when I showed him though.  I was all excited about it, and his response was "What is that in the center?"  Too be fair, I DID ambush him with it the second he walked in the door from work.  But still!!!  I was hoping for jumping up and down excitement over the awesome bit of crafting I did.  Ah well, maybe next project.
Post a Comment