Friday, November 12, 2010

Super Awesome Projects X3, That's Right, THREE

This week has been FANTASTIC for getting projects done.  From start to finish I've done 3 projects, that's right, I said THREE.  My husband is beyond impressed.  I think it's the cold weather.  It makes me want to stay in my warm crafty scrap room.  

So the first thing I did was a layout for a challenge on Tallyscrapper.  The requirements were simple, use a leaf (a real one) as a stamp.  So I did, then I embossed it.  The pictures are of my niece dressed as Totoro this Halloween. 

My mother MADE that costume from scratch.  She and my Aunt built the pattern and everything.  It's even better in person!

When I saw this pincushion tutorial on Tallyscrapper, I knew I had to try it.  It was so simple and fun.  I LOVE the way it turned out, and I didn't have to buy anything to finish it.  The teacup set I used was a gift from my grandmother years ago.  It's been on a shelf collecting dust ever since.  I got the fabric at a yard sale at least 5 years ago, the batting came from a blanket I rescued from work, and I saved the ribbon from one of our wedding gifts.  (Yeah, we got married 7+ years ago.  My pack rat tendencies are strong.)  I even had the glue and some caulk to secure the teacup to the saucer.  The only new-ish things are the flower on the ribbon and my pins, although some of those are vintage too.  I'll be linking this one up to Frugal Friday on The Shabby Nest today for sure!!


Last, but definitely not least, is my Survivor Week 9 layout for Tallyscrapper.  This week was tough for me!!!  We had to scraplift a LO from one of our Tally friends.  Sounds easy, but the catch was a double whammy.  That friend has to scrap in a style or size that's different from your own, AND you had to do the opposite of their LO.  So if they used black, you had to use white.  If they used bright colors, you had to use muted tones.  Yeah!  So I chose to copy Nikki.  She's super talented and does these LOs that look simple and complex at the same time.  Here's her LO (sorry about the picture quality!):



And here's mine: 



The picture is of us with a group of our awesome friends.  We attended the Fight With Tools National Conference in Denver a couple years ago and the group was invited to come to the Flobots New Year's Eve show at the Gothic Theatre as VIPs.  We had an amazing time at the conference AND at the show.  One of my top three shows of all time for sure.  The little pointing hands are from *The Graphics Fairy*, and I'll be linking this post to Karen's Brag Monday this week for sure!!  If you've never checked out her blog, do it.  She has THE BEST graphics.

Okay, so that was my creative week.  This weekend is a cyber crop at Tallyscrapper, but I won't be here.  *Sad Face*  I think I might try to sneak in some challenges before I have to leave though!  *Potential Happy Face*




I'm also linking this post up to Show and Tell @ Blue Cricket Design and DIY Linky Party #21 @ Fine Craft Guild .com because I love, love, love that pincushion and want the world to know it! 

Post a Comment