Thursday, November 18, 2010

Fun With Watercolors and Survivor Week Ten--Be Glad.

A couple of weeks ago I did a LO using a heart I'd cut out from a Prima Printable piece of paper (that's a lot of Ps!).  After I cut it out, I couldn't help but paint the rest of the page to use for another project.  I found the perfect picture of my niece to place in the cutout.  The day I took that, we'd been fishing at a reservoir near my house.  It was FREEZING and super windy the entire time we were out in the canoe.  Then suddenly, when we pulled up onto shore, the wind stopped and my niece decided it would be a good time to walk in the water.  I love that it looks like she's walking ON the water.  Once that was done I added some ribbon, stickles, a pendant I found at the Salvation Army, and a gorgeous coat of arms from *The Graphics Fairy*.

I love playing with watercolors!!



Survivor on Tallyscrapper is almost over!!  For week 10 we had to "rough it".  We were only allowed to use one sheet of new cardstock.  Any other paper had to be scraps from other projects.  There also had to be a torn edge and we had to make an embellishment.  For some reason, this layout came together super fast for me.  I'm normally a VERY slow scrapper, but this one came out quick.  It's probably the simplest, cleanest layout I've ever done.  The woodgrain paper came from the wings for my angel canvas, the butterflies were leftovers from a layout I did forever ago, and I made the clouds from cardboard.

The picture is of my other niece at my house on Easter 2009.  It was too cold to wear the pretty dresses outside, that's for sure!!

Check out the "Places I Party" links in the sidebar to see where I've linked up to.  Sharing is fun!!

Post a Comment