Tuesday, October 12, 2010

The Power Of The Written Word

There is a definite power in writing things down. Every day on Tallyscrapper we have the daily check-in: what you're up to that day, if you're doing anything crafty, what's for dinner, what you're reading or watching, any gripes, and what you're thankful for. For some reason, I always feel obligated to do what I say I'm going to do that day. If I write down that I'm going to do a workout that day, then I'd better do a workout, or I feel guilty. Not that anyone is going to care other than me, but that's the way it makes me feel.

Oddly enough, I like that. I need to be held accountable for things or I just don't do them. Writing my plans down for other people to read helps me stick to my plan for the day in a way that nothing else does. It just doesn't work the same way if I talk to someone about it, it has to be written down.

I'm weird, I know.
Post a Comment