Sunday, October 10, 2010

Inspiration Board--A.K.A. Kira's Birthday Present


This is the super secret project I've been working on this week. It's an inspiration board for my sister's birthday. It's a place to jot notes to herself, hang up bits of unfinished projects, or just store things that inspire her. I used a 16x20" canvas. First I sprayed the edges with gold Smooch Spritz and brushed it to spread it around. The images were all printed from:

The Graphics Fairy

(Although, I was just reading the "Terms of Use" on the blog and you're only supposed to use 6 images on any one project. I used waaaaaaaaaay more than that, so I have to apologize big time!! At least it was for a gift and not for resale. That would have been even worse.)

I distressed all the images by crumpling them up and then inking the edges. Then I used Modge Podge to attach them. The corkboard was painted with chalkboard paint from Plaid and attached with Modge Podge as well. When everything was dry, I sprayed more gold Smooch Spritz on the images and brushed it around. Finally I added a ribbon hanger, some flowers, and a bunch of found objects.

My sister loved it.
Post a Comment