Sunday, August 29, 2010

This Weekend's Endeavors

This canvas got it's start at least a year ago. I wasn't sure how I wanted to continue with it and set it aside. This weekend I finished it. The picture doesn't do it much justice.


While I was waiting for the paint to dry on a new batch of projects, I finished this little creation. The base is packing material that my mom & sister saved for me this spring. When I got it I knew exactly what I wanted to do with it. The cardboard is painted a buttery gold yellow color. The flowers were something I bought at the Salvation Army ages ago. I'm not big into fake flowers, but this just seemed right. Then I braided some rafia for a border and finished it with a heart straight pin, both yard sale or Salvation Army finds. Not bad for a quick upcycle project. Again, bad picture. My camera is broken, so I have to settle for my phone. It's a decent camera, but there's only so much it can do.

Post a Comment